2022 Pride Prom Art Competition
Geelong Rainbow is planning something Fantastic for you – your very own PRIDE PROM!
It’s all gearing up for early December – so get ready to dust off those dancing shoes and frock up, suit up, or glam up – just do it YOUR style!
We are seeking artwork for the Pride Prom, and are reaching out to all of you talented LGBTQIA+ artists.
The artistic brief is ‘Pride Prom’. The winning artwork will be showcased as part of our Pride Prom promotional material and the lucky winner will receive a Pride Prom package including two free tickets to the Prom, and accommodation on location at Rydges hotel!
Entry is free.
Submissions will be open until August 31st.
Artistic Brief: ‘Pride Prom’
Entry fee: Free
Medium: Photography, paint, drawing, digital, or any other form of artistic medium. For non-digital artworks or three dimensional artworks, the artwork needs to be able to translate into a two dimensional image. The final submission must be made in the form of a quality photograph of your original artwork.
Labelling: Please title your art piece, provide a short explanation of your creative thought/methods, and a brief artist bio.
Submission deadline: August 31st.
- Entries must follow the artistic brief of ‘Pride Prom’.
- Maximum of 3 entries per person.
- The competition is open to all artists who identify as part of the LGBTIQA+ community.
- The competition is open to all artists, both amateur and professional.
- Due to prize including tickets to Pride Prom and accommodation, entrants must be at least 18 years old.
- The winning artwork will be selected by the Geelong Rainbow Inc. committee of management. This decision is final.
- Accommodation is in the form of a $250 Rydges voucher that the winner may use as credit towards accommodation on the night at Rydges hotel.
- Submissions must be made using the entry form below, and include a high resolution JPEG file of the artwork, not exceeding 10MB.
- At the close of competition, a high resolution print quality copy of the artwork will need to be supplied by the winner for Geelong Rainbow Inc. to use for Pride Prom promotional purposes.
- Text and branding may be placed on top of or along side the winning artwork for Pride Prom promotional purposes by Geelong Rainbow Inc.
- The artist will retain full copyright to any artworks submitted to the competition. Geelong Rainbow Inc. will not use any non-winning entries for any purpose without express permission from the artist.